Wednesday 14 May 2008

Extending force/cross sectional area

Engineers or physicists might recognise the title of this blog as "stress"!

My last few days have included: leaving my car in the car park at the Teacher's Centre for my local authority after the Centre closed on Friday evening (which meant I could not get at it again until Monday morning on my way in to school); teaching my Year 12 and Year 13 classes as they approach their examinations (Monday morning); having to drive home before setting off for Birmingham because I had not been able to take everything in on the bus - see above(Monday afternoon); Monday evening at 4.30 pm a pre-meeting for ....; meeting with an OFSTED RE inspector at Maryvale as part of the inspection of the initial teacher training programme at Maryvale (Tuesday 9 am - this was actually a very interesting experience); jump in the car to head back down the M6/A14/M11 to arrive at school in time for the end of the school day, this in order to help set up the apparatus for an A-level physics practical examination (Monday afternoon - not my job, particularly as I am part-time, but I was helping to rescue a stressful situation in the department); arrive home to 6 telephone messages, three of them relating to different pieces of casework on behalf of members of my union branch (Tuesday night - managed to solve one of them pretty much straight away); teach my Year 12 and Year 13 (Wednesday morning); invigilating A-level practical examination (Wednesday afternoon - grrr). Yet to come: Thursday-Saturday: Extended Days of Eucharistic Adoration ....

By e-mail I also learnt that one of our parishioners had been taken into hospital, and is currently in a High Dependency Unit. Some 9 years ago, two of the "mums" of families in the parish had a conversation with me after Mass on Sunday which led to me beginning my work with Eucharistic Adoration for children, and so on to my leading on Eucharistic Adoration when the new parish priest arrived. One of these ladies died of cancer about two years ago; the lady taken into hospital this week is the other lady of the two. If you could spare a moment's prayer for her ...

1 comment:

Rita said...

Praying for you and your intentions....