Sunday 26 October 2008

Synod and the web

A passing thought. I do not think I am the only blogger who feels in some way that they have been a protaganist in the Synod of Bishops that is now finishing in Rome. Two things, I think, contribute to this. One is the ready availability of information via electronically based news agencies such as ZENIT. The other is the readiness of the Synod organisation to publish, day by day, reports of the events in the Synod hall in a daily bulletin. This is particularly true for the willingness to publish summaries of the Bishops free interventions each day.

We have been allowed to feel that we, too, can take part in the conversation of the Synod. Synods of Bishops have become events that genuinely engage the whole of the Church.

A living experience of the Church as communion, made possible through the electronic media?

PS. I wonder which Synod Father it was who found their way to one of my posts about the Synod earlier this week? Well, I think I can be allowed to assume that a hit from a vatican.va address to a Synod post was one of the Bishops ....

No comments: