Tuesday 1 April 2008

A meme I was tagged for

If you are reading this and want to be tagged, please consider yourself tagged!

What was I doing 10 years ago?
Teaching physics at a sixth form college.
(Eleven years ago was a bit more interesting - I was a parliamentary candidate in the 1997 General Election that brought new Labour to power - now that was an interesting exercise!)

Five things on my to do list today?
Mark my year 13 books.
Mark my year 12 books.
Meeting with a headteacher at a school.
Meeting between union representatives and the local authority.
Remember to bring home a metre rule and some string from school tomorrow (to measure up my living room and hall way - awkward shape, hence the string - for new carpets)

Snacks I enjoy

1. Mars bar
2. Biscuits
3. Parkin - the one cake I do bake myself
4. Mars bar (full size)
5. Mars bar (King size)

Things I would do if I were a billionaire
I don't think that what I would do and what I should do would be the same ...
I could see myself putting the money in the bank, so I could live off the interest, and then doing what I wanted ... perhaps finishing off the PhD I started ....

Five jobs that I have done
Teaching
(and as a student) ...
hop picking
mushroom farming
Christmas post
assisting in a book shop
a month of engineering training at the Royal School of Military Engineering, Chatham

Three of my bad habits
leaving things to the last minute
staying up late when I don't need to
I haven't written a letter in years

Five places I have lived
Bangkok
Kerkrade
Chester
Fleetwood
Streatham Hill

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can measure for the carpets with just an ordinary sewing or builders tape. Measure the widest part of the room and the longest part. You can measure in inches ,convert to feet and inches and the carpet salesman will convert to metres for you! although you can probably do that yourself!any ideas as to identity?!

Joe said...

I do have three degrees - but don't do sewing (do cook, though) and don't do building either - these skills are too PRACTICAL, you see.

And as a scientist .... what are those strange units "feet" and "inches"?

I do think Anonymous could start her own blog. Now what would it be called? T's Tips?

[Anonymous isn't anonymous, if you know what I mean.]