Thursday 18 June 2009

Irony

I have a tendency to wake up early when I am having a lie in (see time of today's posts, and remember this is after prayers and breakfast). It means I sometimes catch the Today programme's report on the previous day in Parliament at about 6.45 am. [Today is BBC Radio 4's flagship morning news and current affairs programme, for those outside the UK].

Today I heard the following observation being made by one Member of Parliament. The remark was NOT made in the context of MP's expenses, but in another context which I didn't catch. However, I am sure I will find an opportunity to use the line at some point.

The remark was that, in politics "irony is just hypocrisy with panache".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you don't even know what a "lie in " is you've just heard people mention them!