Saturday 13 September 2008

Mischief

I have just seen this at Young Fogeys. It appeals totally to my sense of mischief (so please take it in the way it is intended), as the parish priest in my own parish is organising a meeting for the readers at Mass in the parish in a couple of weeks time. I wonder whether we are going to start getting an "introduction" to the Mass etc?

We've all witnessed the nightmare of "Welcome to Saint Fillintheblank's church. I'm blahblah, and I'll be your cantor today. Our servers are blah and blah. Our Lector is blahblah. Today is the 27th Sunday of Lent, and in our readings today, Jesus tells us to blahblahblahblah (for 2 minutes) blah. Our gathering hymn can be found in our 'Breaking Wind' Music Issue, number 12. Please rise to greet our celebrant."

No comments: